Sunday, May 6, 2018

Things with wings Mixed media project- STAMPlorations





Usually our mixed media challenges are anything goes. This month however there is a theme. THINGS WITH WINGS.

You can link up as many winged-themed mixed media project as you want as long as each project (NO CARDS)  uses a stencil and is a separate blog post.
You can use non STAMPlorations products, but if you have kids who ask what they can get you for Mother's day, you can share your STAMPlorations wish list with them. 
Prizes:$15 gift certificate for the winner -voted on by design team. And two randomly chosen winners will get a $5 gift certificate.


I am excited to share my project with you. The church I go to is having their banquet to honor women this weekend. Separate from Mother's day because not everyone has the opportunity to have children. We are having our banquet to honor women. Our theme is flowers. I made a little scripture easel decoration to go on the table that I'm decorating.  

I used the following:
preview-web-stencil-daisyplay

preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly

and 
preview-Typografia-InFaith-GreatisThyFaithfulness







My table for the luncheon was sunflower themed. I used
STAMPlorations Sketched Suflower.
I die cut circles and stamped the sunflowers with black stazon ink. I water colored the sunflowers and then added gold glitter glue to the centers.

Do you see the little topper?


A photo of all the tables
 Local 4-H group helped prepare the food.

The desserts were so yummy.
 A local florist and her granddaughters came and gave a floral arranging demonstration.

With Mother's day coming up. I know that we all know someone who is going to be sad. Maybe they lost their mother, or child or have never been able to have children, or have a sick or a rebellious child. What ever it maybe I want to encourage you as well as myself to be aware of these ladies and extend a little extra love and kindness. Is there a random act of kindness that you can do for them?

9 comments:

  1. Oh my what lovely projects - great use of the stamplorations stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab projects as always and lovely table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and I love all the party preparations too! Your table decor looks awesome. And, looks like some good yummy eating as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful easels and toppers MariLynn. It certainly sounds like a great night was had by all - and thanks for your challenge to look out for those who hurt on Mothers Day
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love such beautiful table arrangement with your wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful projects! Love the colors! Great table arrangement!!!

    ReplyDelete