Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Some cards made just for fun


I made this card for the Unity challenge to make a green and shiny card. I went more green and glittery sparkle. The dragonflies wings are glittered and 3-d. The background was done by using green distressed ink on white cardstock. I then glued pieces of torn pages from an old encyclopedia. I then gessoed the page and stenciled using ARTplorations stencil called Circular Two I then sprayed it with water to soften some of the stencil. I then stamped the music notes, and chicken wire from  Forget the Past and Beautiful Elements. I then stamped the flowers from Everyday Fairytales and layered them and added purple glitter to centers of the flowers and silver glitter glue to the berries. I stamped the dragonfly and fussy cut him out. I watercolored the wings and added glitter. I drew raindrops by hand. I added twine and brads. I really like how this one turned out. It was super hard to photograph to show the sparkle. 



I made this card using encyclopedia pages glued to background, gessoed and I added vintage photo distressed ink. I sprayed it with water and let the drips go over the background. I used stamps from
Forget the Past
Beautiful Elements
Everyday Fairytales
Let love grow
and
Here today here tomorrow
I added white acrylic paint to flowers.
I went in with a paint brush and more of the distressed ink to add some shadows. I used a black pen to define some of the edges


This close up shows some of the encyclopedia page showing through. The butterfly was watercolored and fussy cut. I stamped it twice and cut out 2 of the right hand side and glued them together.


Before putting my stamps away, I decided to make a similar card but add just a touch more color.
I also used a layer of dp with words under the panel. I also added glitter to the center of the flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment